Exciting and large multinational financial industry company with a long and successful history in Japan. By building a culture of trust and achievement, they intend to empower and further engage their people to be customer-centric, optimize the value of their businesses and accelerate growth while reaping together the benefits of being global. Their aim is to foster a safer and stronger society over the long term.
Data scientist will work on innovating business through data – boosting sales, profits, and ROIs – with a focus on innovation through data.
This role will help the business to create a place for innovation, in which our client company is continuously redesign its structure to fit our changing value, norm, work style, and diversity.
– Planning for business contribution leveraging data (jointly with marketing, operations, claims)
– Data analysis for improving KPI of marketing, operations, claims
– Create an environment for big data including real time architecture and external data and maintain this environment (SQL, AWS, Hadoop, R/Python）
– Collaboration with data teams of other entities worldwide
– Analyze structural/non-structural data with data science technique
– Create Mathematical models
– Research new valuable technology (FinTech, text mining, speech analytics, AI) and develop source code in POC mode before implementing the models
– To support Data Science Dep. Manager to derive the value from data stored in Data Lake, DWH, or any other data sources provided by IT or external providers
- Cloud Service Creation and Usage (AWS, Google Cloud etc)
Additionally, we expect applicants to have several of the following skills or experiences:
- Univariate and multivariate statistics using R or other statistical computing software
- Data mining related skills (SQL)
- Skills related to machine learning, artificial intelligence（R, Python, Tens or Flow etc.）
- Business sense for profit improvement
- Experience in insurance industry (not a must, nice to have)
- Japanese and English ability required (Native Japanese; English: reading and writing is a must, speaking conversational level is highly preferred)
Our client is one of the worlds largest and most successful life insurance companies in the market. With a well established and long history in Japan, they offer customers a comprehensive range of life, disability and critical illness insurance products.