600 - 800 万円
Leading developer, manufacturer of life science tools and integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and function.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- As a Field Application Scientist, you will provide applications support (installation, system validation, customer training, pre/post sales technical consult) to customers using Illumina's high throughput sequencing and microarray systems.
- Coordinating and executing on installations including facility inspections, instrument validation, and customer training independently, without significant supervision and help.
- Troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments, including complicated cases, managing customers according to their situation with broader perspective.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers in assigned territory.
- Helping to maintain and increase product usage and supporting sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations.
- Contribute to improve key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization.
- Acting as a key contributor of customer feedback to marketing and product development teams.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- PhD in Genetics, Molecular Biology or Bioinformatics required, OR M.S. plus minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Prior field experience supporting customers using sequencing or array technologies preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of commonly-used sequencing data analysis software applications preferred
- Demonstrated experience with next gen or high throughput sequencing sample prep technologies and protocols preferred
- Experience in clinical NGS applications preferred
- Demonstrated experience with instrumentation such as liquid handling robotics and optical scanners preferred
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English
- 3-5 years biotech experience preferred