World-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries, that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress.
Purpose of the job
The Solution Sales Manager is responsible for new sales of Life Science solution portfolio in the territory and linking customer needs to product organization feedback
Key Result Areas and Main Activities and Responsibilities
Responsible for New sales:
• Achievement of new-sales, including expansion sales (upsell), revenue growth targets of portfolio in territory
• Create and execute on the solution/product penetration plan in territory. Align territory and account solution portfolio plan with holistic territory/account plan
• Develop a strong understanding of competitor landscape and be able to successfully position against these
• Negotiate and close contracts for new sales
• Develops a deep understanding of the relevant customer segment the solutions are sold into, translating the solution value to be segment specific
Overall subscription base growth
• Successful transition of ownership of the account/ agreement to AM & CC, ensuring total growth on total base of the portfolio
Build, maintain and share in-depth knowledge
• Key expert on the competitor: knows everything about the competitors’ business, strategy and sales approach in territory
• Key expert on specific research workflow (for solution portfolio), being able to bring global references to customers in territory
• Stay abreast of development in field and market segment, and share with company
• Provide continuous feedback to product and marketing teams and participate in projects to help marketing in meeting strategic sales objectives.
Functional and Technical Competencies
• Sales prospecting skills
• Negotiations skills
• Communication and presentation skills – both written and spoken English & Japanese
• Domain knowledge
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences (and any other requirements)
• Proven new-sales track record in competitive environments (minimum of 5 years)
• Background in complex solution-sales approach - “consultative selling”
• Excellent analytical and presentation skills
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; fluency in English
• Experienced in working in an international matrixed organization
• Self starter
• Frequent travel required (40%)
Specific for Life Sciences Portfolio
• Masters/PhD in Chemistry (Preferred), biology, pharmaceutical sciences, or bioinformatics
• Experienced selling to Pharmaceutical R&D and/or Academics & Government Sector
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with its own distribution channels around the world. They are a developing business in a well-balanced manner across its four main regions of Japan, the Americas, EMEA and Asia & Oceania. Focusing on a number of Therapeutic areas including: Oncology, Urology & Nephrology, Immunology, Neuroscience as well as “New Areas” gives them great value and opportunities for job seekers. Their vision is to turn advances in science into value for patients. They do this through partnerships, collaborations and continuous investment in R&D.
Our client is one of the most well-established European-based international pharmaceutical companies in Japan. Their therapeutic area coverage is broad including cardiovascular, neuro, oncology, hematology and more.
This is an exciting global biopharmaceutical company specializing in Rare Diseases, including Haematology, Oncology and Neuroscience areas. It is expanding in Japan and will launch several first-in-class products in the near future.