Our client is known as the glass-making industry leader in the global marketplace.
This incumbent will take 2 positions; 1 HR Business Partner or Generalist (50%) and Leering Development or Talent Acquisition Manager(50%)
1) Responsibilities as HRBP for 1 or 2 BUs
• Business Partnering : Engages with GMs, Line Managers and employees of the client organizations, identifies organizational issues and opportunities, develops and implements solutions.
• Recruiting : Understands business strategy and talent needs. Hires best candidates from either inside and/or outside SG Japan group
• Performance Management : Drives annual MBO process and support line managers to properly manage team performances. Coaches line managers how to conduct PIP and sits in the monitoring meeting together to make sure PIP are conducted in a fair and productive manner.
• Training : leads, plans and implements HR related trainings toward employees aimed at developing talents.
• Employee Relations : Develops constructive and healthy relationship with employees including, but not limited to, labor unions and employee representatives. Mitigates troubles at workplace.
• Diversity & Inclusion : Fosters an open and engaging culture where employees at client organizations can flourish regardless of their background, personal needs, or other traits. Drives HR actions towards the achievement of D&I KPI set by each business (e.g. gender recruiting, inclusiveness, # of employee w/ disability).
• Budgeting (HC and labor cost) : Supports workforce planning of GM by accurately record and manage related figures. Submits necessary information to Finance with HR confidentiality in mind.
• EHS : In coordination with GM/plant manager/EHS manager, ensures that working environment and conditions promote safety and health for all employees.
• BCP : designs the BCP in coordination with GM and active plant manager. Proactively proceeds to employees’ safety and environment damage confirmation process and reports to GM.
2) Responsibilities as functional HR :
A) Learning and Development manager or B) Talent Acquisition manager
A) Learning and Development manager for all HPS
• Create and execute learning strategies and programs
• Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
• Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. management/leadership, online training)
• Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings
• Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
• Help managers develop their team members through career pathing
• Track budgets and negotiate contracts
B) Talent Acquisition manager
• Update current and design new recruiting procedures (e.g. job application and onboarding processes)
• Keep track of recruiting metrics (e.g. time-to-hire and cost-per-hire)
• Implement new sourcing methods (e.g. social recruiting and Boolean searches)
• Review recruitment software and suggest the best option for company needs
• Research and choose job advertising options
• Advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques
• Recommend ways to improve our employer brand
• Stay up-to-date on labor legislation and inform HR members and managers about changes in regulations
• Design and implement overall recruiting strategy
• Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
• Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/colleges etc
• Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, agencies. etc
• Screen candidates resumes and job applications
• Support HRBP and Hiring manager by using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
• Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes
• Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
• Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
• Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
Minimum five years of work experience as HRBP or functional HR.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to develop an effective working relationship with personnel from other cultures and backgrounds
Ability to react quickly and effectively to issues and opportunities
Proactive, standing-alone and innovative.